Sunday, August 16, 2009

Chinese style Coca-cola Chicken

They taste very much like bbq chicken and of course, these chicken are much easier to cook in a pan than cooking them in front of a scorching bbq pit! Ouch! Coca-cola has high sugar content, therefore it will caramelize when cooked/boiled, making it taste like honey. Yum...


Photobucket


Do they look better on the yellow plate or white plate? Hehe...


Photobucket


Marinate:

10 pieces of chicken wings (chicken breasts would be nice as well) in:
... 1 tbsp oyster sauce
... 1 tsp light soy sauce
... 1 tsp dark soy sauce
... ginger juice
... salt and pepper to taste (remember, both oyster sauce and light soy sauce are salty!)

Instructions:
1. Marinate the chicken for about 1-2 hours. I think overnight would be better, but I'm lazy.
2. Heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, and lightly fry the chicken till it browns a little.
3. Pour in enough Coca-cola to cover the chicken. (I only use about 1/2 - 1 can, depending on how much chicken is used)
4. Cover the pan with the lid and let it simmer on a low fire until all the Coca-cola evaporates.


There you go! I have yet to try cooking this in a wok. So tell me if you have tried. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ekoy... Coke is nice for BBQ/Grill as marination but have u try Ginger Beer? wow... I love it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Chef Nash: Great idea!! Nope, I have yet to try that. Will try this when I can get my hands on Ginger Beer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin